Version 3 is the newest version of the best selling Mono Amplifier Kit that can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players, making it an ideal kit choice for an amplifier case design project.
It uses an NCP2890 audio amplifier IC which is pre-mounted on the underside of the board (see image below) and can output 1.0W of power. The NCP2890 is an audio power amplifier designed for portable communication device applications such as mobile phone applications and PDAs. The IC also features an onboard Pop and Click at startup and closedown Noise Protection Circuit.
The kit is supplied with a pre-built jack cable, an 8ohm 66mm speaker, and a AA battery pack and can run off any voltage from 2.2 to 5.5 Volts (Absolute Maximum 6V). For a full list of parts, see the Contents section below.
Previous versions of this amp included a PP3 power connection and were designed to operate around 9V, V3.0 has been designed for use with 2 x AA batteries. There are several advantages to using AA batteries over PP3, they include; AA batteries are much cheaper, more readily available and will also last significantly longer than PP3 batteries, anything up to ten times longer.Features
- Great value electronic project kit.
- Works with any stereo equipment, including computers, phones, and tablets that can accept the jack lead.
- 1 x 15K Resistor.
- 1 x 100K Resistor.
- 1 x Ceramic Disk Capacitor 100nF.
- 2 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 50V, 1uF.
- 1 x 3.5mm Mono Jack Lead, 50cm length.
- 1 x 8 ohm 66mm Speaker.
- 1 x AA battery Cage with Leads.
- 1 x Mono Amplifier PCB with pre-installed NCP2890 audio amplifier IC.
- PCB Length: 44.5mm.
- PCB Width: 35.5mm.
- PCB Height: 1.6mm.