The Mono Amp Kit with power switch and status LED adds some new features to our already best selling mono amp kit. This version of the mono amp also features an on board on/off switch and also a handy status LED that can lead to longer battery life without the need to remove batteries from the cage when not in use.
It uses an NCP2890 audio amplifier IC which can output 1.0W of power. The NCP2890 is an audio power amplifier designed for portable communication device applications such as mobile phone applications and PDAs. The IC also features an onboard Pop and Click at startup and close down Noise Protection Circuit. The PCB is supplied with this component already surface mount soldered to the underside of the board, as can be seen in the product photographs.
The kit is supplied with a pre-built jack cable, an 8ohm 66mm speaker, and a AA battery pack and can run off any voltage from 2.5 to 5.5 Volts (Absolute Maximum 6V). For a full list of parts, see the Contents section below.
This Amplifier Kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players, making it an ideal kit choice for an amplifier case design project.Features:
- Great value electronic project kit.
- Works with any stereo equipment, including computers, phones, and tablets that can accept the jack lead.
- The board features an on/off switch which can serve to vastly increase battery life.
- There is also a power LED so you can quickly see if the board has been powered down or not.
- The boards small size and list of features makes it the perfect choice for an enclosure design project.
- 1 x 15KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 150Ω Resistor.
- 1 x 100KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x Ceramic Disk Capacitor 100nF.
- 2 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 50V, 1uF.
- 1 x 3.5mm Mono Jack Lead, 50cm length.
- 1 x 8Ω 66mm Speaker.
- 1 x AA battery Cage with Leads.
- 1 x Miniature PCB mount slide switch.
- 1 x Green 5mm LED.
- 1 x Mono Amplifier PCB
- PCB Length: 45.5mm.
- PCB Width: 35.5mm.
- PCB Height: 1.6mm.