This is the MD30C DC brushed motor driver. It is the successor of MD30B which is designed to drive medium to high power brushed DC motor with output current up to 80A peak (1 second) and 30A continuously. Full NMOS(solid state) design not only provides faster switching time, it is also more efficient and no heatsink or fan is required to get 30A continuous in room temperature.
Besides that, MD30C also incorporates some user friendly features such as reverse polarity protection for Vin/Vmotor and onboard PWM generator which allows it to operate without additional controller. The motor can simply be controlled with the onboard switches and potentiometer. External switches and potentiometer can also be used.
Which motor is good to be driven by MD30C? As long as the motor:
- DC Brushed motor (Two terminals)
- Operating voltage from 5V to 30VDC
- Rated Current <= 30A
- Peak Current <= 80A
- Bi-directional control for 1 brushed DC motor, single channel
- Motor Voltage: 5V to 30VDC
- Maximum Output Current: 80A peak (1 second), 30A continuous
- Reverse polarity protection for Vmotor
- 3.3V and 5V logic level input, compatible with:
- 5V Arduino boards such as Arduino UNO, Maker UNO, CT-UNO, Arduino Mega2650
- 3.3V Arduino board such as Arduino Zero
- Raspberry Pi boards which include 3B, 3B+, 3A+, Zero, Zero W, Zero WH
- Full NMOS H-Bridge for higher efficiency and no heat sink is required
- Regenerative Braking
- Brakes the motor when PWM pin is low (logic low)
- Speed control PWM frequency up to 20KHz (Actual output frequency is same as input frequency when external PWM is selected)
- Onboard PWM generator with switches and potentiometer for standalone operation
- Support both locked-antiphase and sign-magnitude for external PWM operation. Note: PWM is not "RC PWM"
- Dimension: ~94mm x ~79m