This MDDS10 is our advanced dual channel brush motor driver, designed for a wide range of applications including combat and sumo robots. With an input voltage range of 7-35VDC, this driver is capable of single power operation and features dual channels, allowing for bidirectional, independent, or mixed drive of two brush motors.
This driver offers multiple operating modes including RC (RC servo signal), Analog, PWM, and simplified and packetized UART. It also supports Sign-magnitude and Locked antiphase in PWM mode.
There are two manual/test buttons and two output indicator LEDs for each channel, as well as power, error indicator, and RUN status LEDs. The error LED will indicate various issues such as error input, under voltage, over voltage, over temperature, and shut down. A reset button is also provided for easy operation mode changes.
This driver features full solid state MOSFET for better efficiency and eliminates the need for external flyback diodes. Additionally, regenerative braking and temperature feedback are included to reduce output current and prevent overheating of the MOSFET.
This driver can support up to 10A continuous current at room temperature (25ºC) and 30A peak for 10 seconds, but note that output will be reduced with temperature raises. The switching frequency is 16KHz for quiet operation, and it has an on-board switching voltage regulator for higher power efficiency.
This driver is suitable for use with single power window motors at 24V, as it has been tested without smoke coming out. Please note that there is NO polarity protection, so double-check the power input connection. Dimensions of the board are 66.8mm x 101.09mm.
- Input Voltage (Motor): 7 - 35VDC
- Single power operation
- Dual Channels, it can drive two brush motors bidirectionally, independently or mixed as differentiate drive.
- Operating modes:
- RC (RC servo signal)
- Simplified and packetized UART
- Support Sign-magnitude and Locked antiphase in PWM mode.
- Two manual/test buttons for each channel.
- Two output indicator LEDs for each channel.
- Power, Error indicator, RUN status (Left and Right) LEDs.
- The Error LED will indicate:
- Error Input (Blinks 2 times), check the input signal and the operation mode
- Under Voltage (Blinks 3 times), the battery voltage is low.
- Over Voltage (Blinks 4 times), the supply voltage is higher than 35VDC, it will stop operating
- Over temperature (Blinks 5 times), the board temperature is high
- Shut down (Blinks 6 times), board temperature is too high, the board will stop working.
- On board reset button to restart the MCU after changing operation mode on DIP switch.
- Full solid state MOSFET for better efficiency and eliminate the needs for external flyback diodes.
- Regenerative Braking.
- Temperature feedback to reduce output current and prevent overheating of MOSFET.
- Support up to 10A continuous current at room temperature (25ºC).
- Support up to 30A peak for 10 seconds. Output will be reduced with the temperature raises.
- Suitable for combat or sumo robot.
- 16KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- On board switching voltage regulator for higher power efficiency.
- Battery low voltage monitoring and indicator.
- Tested with single power window motor at 24V, full load without smoke coming out
- NO polarity protection, please double check the power input connection.
- Dimension: 66.8mm x 101.09mm.
- Operating Condition
- Motor Channel: 2
- Operating Voltage (VDC): 7 to 35
- Peak Current (A): 30 (for a few seconds)
- Continuous Current (A): 10
- Operating Modes
- Arduino Shield: No (can be used with wire connection)
- PWM (Lock-Antiphase and Sign-Magnitude): Yes
- UART: Yes
- Analog: Yes
- RC Servo Signal: Yes
- Special Protection
- Polarity Protection: No
- Current / Thermal Protection: Temperature is inversely proportional to Current Limit (T α 1/I)
- LEDs Indicator: Yes
- Test/Manual Button: Yes
- Cooling Fan: No
- 1 x MDDS10 board
- 1 x 6-way Connector Housing
- 6 x Terminal iron pin for housing