After Cytron's 1st 10Amp smart drive, now we introduce the 60Amp version! It supports dual channels, 60A continuous current for each channel. Building combat/sumo robot become easy, choose motor+wheel, get high power battery, thick wire, connect it to MDDS60, choose a RC controller and you have a robot !! Do check the User's Manual
for details. Quick Start Guide is here
With knowledge and feedback we gathered from MD10C, MDD10A, MD30C, MDDS10 and MDS160A, we are thrilled to launch this smart motor driver and can't wait to see what you can do with it.
SmartDriveDuo60 has smart features of MDDS10, with higher continuous current capability, 60Amp each channel. It even has brushless fan attached on the top cover to cool it! MDDS60 is ready with the capability to accept RC (Radio Control) signal for mix mode drive, analog voltage from potentiometer, PWM from microcontroller (Arduino, PIC, or any other microcontroller), and even controlled via UART (serial) command. The operation modes is configure by the DIP switch on MDDS60. The commonly used configurations are printed on bottom cover. High current MOSFETs are switching at 16KHz for quiet operation. To cover the driver properly and to mount the fans for cooling, we have added top and bottom cover! Nice!
With the on board temperature sensor, this smart driver is able to limit the output current stage by stage preventing itself from overheat and burnt! The peak current is 100A for 1 second and it will automatically limit the output current.
Not to forget, to make it RC receiver friendly, we have added 2x3 header pin; with just 2 RC extension cable, the wiring is done, and it takes 1 minutes!
With MDDS60, you can now series up 3 SLA battery to power your motor as it support up to 45V DC input. And you only require one power input to operate the motor and driver. Don't worry, 3-cell and 6-cell Li-po battery are within the operating voltage :) Hey! It also come with battery low voltage warning feature, what else do you need?
* Do use proper wire/cable for battery and motor connection. Think jumper wire/cable cannot support high current application. We recommend using AWG8 Red and Black multicore wire.
- DC Brush motor Driver, not for brushless motor
- Input Voltage (Motor): 7 - 45VDC
- Single power operation, just connect power to battery input.
- Dual Channels, it can drive two brush motors independently or mixed.
- Regenerative Braking.
- Operating modes: RC (RC servo signal), Analog, PWM, simplified and packetized UART.
- Support Signed magnitude and Locked Anti-phase in PWM mode.
- Top cover comes with two DC brushless fans to cool the driver.
- Two manual/test buttons for each channel.
- Two output indicator LEDs for each channel.
- Power, Error indicator, RUN status (Left and Right) LEDs
- On-board reset button to restart the MCU after changing operation mode.
- Temperature feedback for current limit and prevent overheating of MOSFET.
- Support up to 60A continuous current at room temperature.
- Support up to 100A peak for 1 second. Current will be limited as temperature raises.
- Suitable for combat or sumo robot.
- 16KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- On-board switching voltage regulator for higher power efficiency.
- Battery low voltage monitoring mode.
- Tested with single power window motor at 24V, full load without smoke coming out.
- No polarity protection, please double check the power input connection.
- Use proper cable/wire for the battery and load, thin/normal cable/wire will melt and burn.
- Dimension: ~190mm x 121mm x 45mm.
- Motor Channel: 2
- Operating Voltage (VDC): 7 to 45
- Peak Current (A): 100 (10 seconds)
- Continuous Current (A): 60
- Arduino Shield: No (used wire connection)
- PWM (Lock-Antiphase and Sign-Magnitude): Yes
- UART: Yes
- Analog: Yes
- RC Servo Signal: Yes
- Polarity Protection: No
- Current / Thermal Protection: Temperature is inversely proportional to Current Limit ( T α 1/I )
- LEDs Indicator: Yes
- Test/Manual Button: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes