Polymorph is a very popular smart material that has Educational and practical uses. It is a thermoplastic with a low melting temperature and a long working time. Students and crafters can create a huge range of useful products, using it for decorative and practical items. As a guide, 250g fills a regular sized coffee mug.
It is a reusable thermoplastic polymer with a low melting point. The pellets fuse together, soften and turn transparent when heated to over 62°C allowing users to easily shape the polymer by hand! It hardens to a solid, white, non-brittle, strong material that truly has unlimited possibilities. Also, it has no shelf-life and is fully biodegradable. Compatible with Thermoworx colouring pigments.To use:
- Heat in hot water to over 62°C.
- Mould by hand to the desired shape.
- Allow it to cool and harden.
- Reuse by placing the item back into water heated to over 62°C.
- A smart material made from a thermoplastic polymer with a low melting point.
- It can be moulded by hand into any shape you desire.
- Once the moulded part has cooled and hardened it is non-brittle and strong.
- It is biodegradable and be reused time and time again.
- Get striking results by using paints/pigments to colour the resulting parts.