The µLCD-144-G2(GFX) is a compact and economical display module that uses the most advanced LCD (TFT) technology coupled with an integrated GOLDELOX-GFX2 graphics processor. This powerful combination provides standalone functionality to any project, with built-in features such as graphics, text, images, animations and much more.
With the µLCD-144-G2(GFX), you can start writing your code in 4DGL, a high-level 4D Graphics Language, using the 4DGL-Workshop3 IDE. This eliminates the need for weeks or even months of development time on your next embedded graphics project.
4DGL is a graphics-oriented language that lets you write applications in a high-level language with syntax similar to popular languages like BASIC, C, and Pascal. The module has a modest yet comprehensive set of I/O features that can interface with serial, analogue, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices, making the µLCD-144-G2(GFX) one of the most flexible embedded graphics solutions available.
This module is shipped with the "GFX" firmware which can be reloaded if needed. Be aware that trying to program the 4D screens using an FTDI breakout can damage the driver. You'll need to use the FT232RQ USB to Serial which can be found in the related items.
- 128xRGBx128 resolution, 65K true to life colors, LCD-TFT screen
- 1.44” diagonal size, 43 x 31 x 6.4mm. Active Area: 25.5mm x 26.5mm
- LED back lighting with greater than 150° viewing angle
- Easy 10 pin interface to any external device:
• 3.3Vout, IO2, GND, IO1, RESET, GND, RX, TX, +5V, 5V OUT
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX-GFX2 graphics processor highly optimized for 4DGL.
- 2 x GPIO ports supports:
• Digital I/O
• A/D converter with 8/10 bit resolution
• Complex sound generation
• Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
• Multi-Switch Joystick
• Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 x 16bit vars)
- Serial TTL interface with auto-baud feature (300 to 600K baud)
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64MB to 2GGB micro-SD as well as micro-SDHC memory cards starting from 4GB and above
- Comprehensive set of built in high level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts)
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply)