The PCF8591 module is a monolithic integrated, low-power, 8-bit CMOS data acquisition module. The PCF8591 has four analog inputs, an analog output and a serial I2C bus interface.
This module is equipped with a phototransistor (light dependent transistor), NTC (temperature dependent resistor) and trimming potentiometer, which are connected to the PCF8591 via 3 jumpers.
- single power supply
- low power consumption in standby mode
- serial input and output via I2C bus
- max sampling rate is determined by the I2C bus speed
- 4 analog inputs are programmable as unbalanced or differential inputs
- automatic channel selection
- analog voltage range from VSS to VDD
- 8-bit successive approximate ADC
- multiplier DAC (multiplying) with an analog output