The MMA8452Q is a cutting-edge, three-axis, capacitive MEMS accelerometer that offers 12 bits of resolution. This low-power device is equipped with a variety of embedded functions, and provides flexible, user-programmable options that can be configured to two interrupt pins. This feature allows for significant power savings, as it relieves the host processor from the task of continuously polling data.
The MMA8452Q offers user selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g and provides both high pass filtered data and non-filtered data in real-time. This device can be configured to generate inertial wakeup interrupt signals from any combination of the configurable embedded functions. This feature enables the MMA8452Q to monitor events and remain in a low power mode during periods of inactivity.
Sparkfun also offers an MMA8452Q Breakout Board for those interested in further exploring the capabilities of this accelerometer.
- Supply voltage: 1.95 V to 3.6 V
- Interface voltage: 1.6 V to 3.6 V
- Dynamically selectable full-scale: ±2g/±4g/±8g
- Output Data Rates (ODR) ranging from 1.56 Hz to 800 Hz
- 12-bit and 8-bit digital output
- I2C digital output interface (operates to 2.25 MHz with 4.7 kΩ pullup)
- Two programmable interrupt pins for six interrupt sources
- Three embedded channels of motion detection
- Orientation (Portrait/Landscape) detection with set hysteresis
- High Pass Filter Data available in real-time
- Current Consumption: 6 μA – 165 μA
- Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 1 mm (QFN)