A Play Station 2 (PS2) controller is relatively easy to obtain from any game store and it offers good human manual input for control system. More and more developers are looking into applying existing PS2 controller to control particular system. The major problem to achieve this is the socket for PS2 and the protocol to communicate with it. PS2 socket is very unique and difficult to obtain. Besides, protocol to obtain the status (digital and analog) of each button and analog stick on PS2 controller create headache to developer. Thus, Cytron Technologies has designed a PS2 Controller Starter Kit, SKPS to offer the solution.
This starter kit offers a compact yet reliable PS2 Controller Converter for user. SKPS’s power and UART pin is compatible with SKKCA and SKXBee. A host is needed to communicate with SKPS through UART. Reading Joy-stick button’s state will be as easy as 1, 2, 3. It offers a standard connector for Sony PS2 controller to plug-in.
* SKPS does not come with PS2 controller (joystick), please purchase it separately. Features:
- Stable 5V powered, low current consumption, less than 150mA.
- 1 standard PS2 controller socket.
- Communicate with host microcontroller through 5V TTL UART.
- Simple inquiry command and button status feedback for host to process.
- Vibrator motor is controllable.
- Wired or wireless PS2 controller is fully compatible.
- PS2 Controller will only operate in analog mode.
- A small LED as indicator for communication between SKPS and PS2 controller.
- Dimensions: 7.4cm x 3.9cm
- 1 x SKPS board.
- 1 x mini jumper of SKPS board.
- 4 x 2510 iron pin.
- 1 x 2510 4 ways female connector.