The CNC Shield v3.51 is made for the control of 3D printers, milling and engraving machines. This shield is compatible with the Arduino UNO. This board has 4 sockets for the installation of a stepper motor driver, such as the (Pololu ) A4988. Only 2 channels per motor are required to control this motor. There is also a connection for 2 end-stop switches (with included noise filters) per motor.New with Version 3.51
- Added circuitry for End-Stop and Probe signal filtering. This eliminates false triggers and makes it possible use non-shielded cable for end-stops/probes.
- Bigger Solder pads making it easier to assemble.
- Probe pin labels have been updated to make it easier to install a probe.
- Includes Noise Filers on all endstops and the probing pin.(New in V3.51)
- GRBL 0.9 compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals https://github.com/grbl/grbl)
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins A4 and A3)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Coolant enable
- Uses removable Pololu A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others) (Not Included)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design.
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors or soldered in place. .
- Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the Pololu DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)